This is a part-time role (20 hours per week Monday – Friday), based at Woolley & Co, Solicitors’ head office in Warwick Enterprise Park, Wellesbourne, Warwick, CV35 9EF. Salary: up to £25,000 per annum pro rata depending on experience.
Main purpose of the role:
To perform daily accounting tasks that will support the Accounts Manager in a busy family law firm, as part of a small head office team and deputise for the Accounts Manager in their absence. The Accounts Assistant will report to the Accounts Manager.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Raising client invoices / proforma invoices and posting bills including anticipated disbursements
- Distributing invoices to clients and following the firm’s credit control procedure for payment chasing
- Dealing with accounts queries and running reports for fee earners, support staff and managers
- Carry out daily banking tasks including client to office transfers and reconciling office and client accounts
- Updating client ledgers with payments received via sage pay (OPAYU) and online banking
- Settling disbursement invoices / making large payments from Posting Slips raised using our online banking system
- Posting court fee statements
- Maintaining accounting records, including journals
- Taking card payments from clients via telephone using sage-pay (OPAYU)
- Participating in quarterly and annual financial audits, supporting and assisting the Accounts Manager to ensure compliance with Solicitor Accounts Regulations.
- Provide administrative support to the Accounts Manager and the head office team, to cover holidays.
- Handle incoming calls from clients, solicitors, barristers, and suppliers including
– filtering calls and handing over the call to other relevant members of staff
– taking comprehensive messages
- Follow administrative procedures as explained by the Accounts and Office Managers
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- Highly self-motivated and comfortable with regular deadlines.
- Able to multi-task and prioritise your workload.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to provide a professional first impression of the business.
- 3 years+ accounts experience, ideally in a law firm.
- Knowledge of software including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of case management systems an advantage.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Two references will be required prior to appointment being confirmed.
To apply for this role, email a copy of your CV with a covering letter explaining your relevant experience to Emily Graney.